THANKS FOR CHECKING ME OUT!
Launched in 2014 as a community for curious readers, bloggers, and small book clubs, this site is quickly growing and expanding to bring even more to our readers all around the world.
- Why should someone read your blog? “I strive to create a space for discussion to bloom. For people to talk about books and their fandoms, what they are watching, and to connect with each other despite the distance between the computers.”
- What will readers get out of your posts? They can expect posts on a range of topics, from craft projects I undertake (the good, the bad and the wasteful), see what I’m reading and hopefully they will be inspired to read it too. Since everyone’s Netflixing, I wanted to also find a way to promote some of the lesser know shows, whats good to watch? I want to know!
- Which types of posts do you write? I write book reviews, Netflix reviews, experimental projects gone wrong (or right), and I blog about the various conventions my panel group and I attend in South Florida!
- Does your blog have skills? Admittedly, I am still learning. I think we keep learning all our lives, but I started this blog with me in mind and have expanded that idea. While my blog hasn’t been shared or referred to, I hope it’s still a fun place for readers.
- How did your site get started? Stephen king once said “If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.” I want to get up and write, push myself to do more, and I do love to read, so very much.
This particular blog started in a Journalism class. I have had prior blogs; Livejournal, MySpace, Tumblr. However, I was looking for a forever home, if you will. My love of reading began at the tender age of two, thanks to my Father. He loves to read and shared that with me while growing up.
I live and write in my hometown of Miami, Florida! When I’m not in class, or reading, I typically can be found at the Miami International Book Fair, any one of the various book clubs I participate in, as well as a nerdy ladies club (we meet monthly). During the summers I tend to get busying planning panels for Conventions in the South Florida area, with NERDS KNOW!
I would be thrilled to hear about what shows you love watching, or what books you recommend (or live on your forever shelf).
If you will be at any of the conventions, let me know, I’d love to catch up with you!